Letters from a Comic Genius

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

A Second Post

When I started this blog I had five simple tasks. 1)to make people laugh. 2)to write interesting stuff. 3)to express my thoughts 4) to make a stand about issues that make me angry and 5)to let people know more about me. The only rules I had were write well and leave entries alone once you've published them. I did not want to be constantly correcting my entries. I figured, let them stand as they are. However, tonight, I'll make an exception. There are some things that need commenting on.

Firstly, it seems I do not mention Dan positively enough in my blog entries. It may not seem it, but I do like him. For, while he is annoying, negative, quick to question others' plans and ideologies, disgustingly smart . . . okay, this isn't going as I'd hoped. While he does have some of the traits I hate in people, he has more traits that I love and respect in people. He's honorable, fast as lighting, and smart. He's handy in a street fight, or, I guess, parking lot fight, and can be really friggin' funny. I'm glad to be his friend. There! Happy? Stupid jerk, always criticising my razza fraggin' shummin' caller wallin' . . . .

Next, it seems I wasn't clear on the I hate the administration bit. I don't hate the dress code. What I do hate is that our freedom is limited without our consent, or the teachers' consent, for arbitrary reasons.

And I didn't realize the connection, but me asking for help form y'all was like, at the risk of sounding like a deluded nerdish loser, like the series finale of Angel. Without giving away too much of the plot, the heroes, and some villians, come together to fight one last epic battle against the impending apocalypse. It's a hopeless situation, but they find hope in each other and their cause. I hope we could do that. Plus, they fight a dragon. That'd be awesome. I wanna fight a dragon, too. But seriously, I love you guys and wanna, as Brendan sings, "Go make a difference." As lame and romantic as that sounds.

I'm outie.

4 Comments:

  • I will comment here my thoughts on this post AND the last post. WHOA!

    Sociology was REAL awkward . . . I was grabbing at straws there. I had some kind of point that I couldn't really grasp at and organize, and I was left just a wee bit embarrased when issues I never even meant to bring up started getting tossed at me. That's a passed point, though. I . . . did you say Sam has a blog?

    . . . Do I want to read it? I mean, I love him and all but . . . will I be ABLE to read it? Did he at least run the spell check?

    Where was I? Oh, right. Dan is cool . . . I just need a nice long break from him before I can believe that fully again. REAL trying week with him for some reason, maybe I'm just seeing a side I didn't know was there.

    Anywho, I know exactly how you feel with the inspiration thing. Don't worry, it'll come. Faster than you in a wrestling ring with a hot chick, it'll come. ZING!

    Tee hee, sorry. Cheap shot.

    I think I did over-react to the dress code . . . a case of watching the smoke and ignoring the flames in my opinion . . . if that analogy makes any sense. Heh, disregarding flames.

    . . . taste the wrath of my pretentious elipses!

    I'll be off now, I must go play with MS paint some more.

    By Blogger Zoopers, at 10:40 PM  

  • I'd like to congradulate Steve on the increasing maturity of his posts.

    By Blogger Dan-o, at 6:13 PM  

  • And good job picking up on the sarcasm too.

    By Blogger Dan-o, at 6:46 PM  

  • I'm also glad your vocabulary has expanded from "apathy" to... wait, you still use the word "apathy" in every conversation, my bad.

    By Blogger Dan-o, at 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home